Sean has been a Larimer County resident for 19 years. In that time, he’s worked for two different companies – Ed Carroll Motor Company, and, for the last 17 years, for himself, as a successful REALTOR® at RE/MAX Alliance, selling over 380 properties for Buyers and Sellers in Northern Colorado.
During his time at RE/MAX Alliance, Sean has been extremely active in both the Local and State REALTOR® Community. Locally, Sean served 8 years on the Board of Directors for the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS® (FCBR), including a year as the President of the Board. Sean has also been a member of the FCBR Government Affairs Committee for 9 years, working with City, County, and State Legislators and Staff on relevant regulations, ordinances, and laws.
At the State level, Sean has been a member of the Colorado Association of REALTORS® (CAR) Grievance Committee for 8 years, and is currently the Chair. This committee hears initial Ethics and Arbitration complaints against REALTOR® Members and decides whether to move these complaints forward for Professional Standards Committee hearings. Additionally, Sean has been on the CAR Legislative Policy Committee for 3 years, and is also currently the Chair of this committee, working with State Legislators on proposed legislation pertaining to housing related issues. Sean was also recognized for his hard work with the REALTOR® Community by being commended as the 2012 REALTOR® of the Year at the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS®, as well as being awarded the 2014 Housing Hero Award and the 2017 Good Neighbor Award.
In the local community, Sean has been active in Northern Colorado Organizations and Charities, including:
- 8 years on the Larimer County Planning Commission. Sean is currently the Chair of this Board, which is an advisory board to the Larimer County Commissioners. The Commission hears Land Use issues outside of town and city boundaries. Additionally, it is the final decision making body for the Larimer County Land Use Plan and its components (https://www.larimer.org/boards/planning-commission);
- 3 years on the Red Feather Lakes Planning Advisory Committee. This committee advises the County and the local community on issues that affect the Red Feather Lakes area, including roads and economic development. (https://www.larimer.org/boards/red-feather-lakes-planning-advisorycommittee)
- 7 years on the Local Legislative Affairs Committee at the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce, an advisory committee to their Board of Directors (https://fortcollinschamber.com/program/local-legislative-affairs-committee/)
- 16 years as a member of the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce (https://fortcollinschamber.com/);
- 13 years as a member of the North Fort Collins Business Association (NFCBA), with 12 years on their Board of Directors (www.NFCBA.org);
- 13 years working with the NFCBA Coats and Boots Drive, to assure that all elementary school students in the Poudre School District have new coats and boots (http://NFCBA.org/coats-and-boots);
- 11 years in various roles at Realities for Children Charities (RFC), including co-founding and co-running a 5 year fundraising campaign, raising over $75,000 for scholarships to help older youth escape the cycle of abuse. Currently, Sean is an Ambassador for the RFC Business Community (https://realitiesforchildren.com/);
- 5 years as a partner at Neighbor to Neighbor charities, helping to counsel local residents in preparation of purchasing a permanent home (www.N2N.org)
- 6 years as an Assistant Scoutmaster with Troop 87 of the Boy Scouts of America, helping fine young men grow into fine young adults (https://bsatroop87.weebly.com/);
- 4 years working with Disabled Resource Services on their largest annual fundraiser, raising funds to assist local residents in need to be able to receive the resources, assistance, and counselling they need to live full, independent lives (https://disabledresourceservices.org/);
In addition to the community involvement above, Sean has taken the following programs, designed to increase and improve his knowledge of leadership and the workings of Larimer County and Northern Colorado as a whole:
- 2012 – Leadership Northern Colorado – A joint initiative of the Fort Collins, Greeley and Loveland Chambers of Commerce, the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado and the Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County, this six-month interactive development program will focus on regional issues, regionalism and regional leadership skills. The program is designed to educate and motivate leaders who are committed to shaping the future of our region. (http://leadershipnortherncolorado.com/);
- 2014 – CityWorks 101 – a public education program that invites people to get up close and personal to their local government. Students receive presentations from dozens of City staff, the Mayor, and City Council. (https://www.fcgov.com/cityworks/);
- 2016 – Larimer County 101 – a series of classes offered to the public to provide an inside look at the workings of Larimer County government and the services we provide. (https://apps.larimer.org/news/larimer101.htm);
- 2016 – Leadership Program of the Rockies – to develop, strengthen, train and equip emerging leaders to reach new heights in public policy and the political process. (https://www.leadershipprogram.org/)